Tuesday, June 23, 2015

I Really Don't Want to Go to Church!


I grew up believing in healing.

My parents served as pastors all my life until the moment they entered heaven. Both Mom and Dad fully believed in Divine healing. They personally experienced it as well as the many others they prayed with during their 50-+year-long ministry journey. You could say, our entire family believes in healing as a result of their faith.

Once, during my rebellious teenage years, I wanted to stay home from Sunday's church service; so I put on my best acting clothes and clearly told Mom and Dad that I did not feel well that day and needed to stay home and rest. I coughed at the right time and rubbed my temples to illustrate the suffering I was going through. Feeling quite proud of my acting ability, I quietly waited for them to acquiesce. Without missing a beat, together they replied with enthusiasm, "Great! Today is Sunday! During church service, we will have you come to the front, anoint you with oil, and pray for God to heal you!" Needless to say, I went to church.

That was simply how they lived and what they believed. God heals.

Throughout Scripture we are shown time and again how God provides for healing. In Luke 5:12-16, Jesus healed a man suffering with leprosy. This was a quite the miracle, considering the devastating disease leprosy is. However, what I find more exciting than the miracle of healing itself, is the attitude of Jesus regarding this healing.

The leper came to Jesus with a 9-word request: "Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean." It was as is if he was saying, 'If you really have this ability, and if you really are who you say you are, then you could grant me deliverance from this anguishing affliction, where my body parts are falling off...' Without hesitation Jesus answered him, "Why, of course I can. No problem. Be healed!" His desire and ability to provide the impossible miracle this man needed was never in doubt.

For every sickness, I believe the Lord's desire is the same, "Why, of course I can heal you. No problem. Be healed!"

The Bible is full of Scriptures about healing, both in promise and testimony. As an example, read Luke's 18 recorded accounts of healing to get a glimpse. Here is where you can find Luke's references to healing:

Luke 1:64          4:31-37          4:38-39          5:12-13          5:15             5:24             6:18-19
7:10                   7:14-15          8:32-33          8:43-44          8:50-55        9:6               9:42-43
13:12                 17:14             18:42-43        22:51 

You also can find many important examples of healing in the Bible at the following web site - 

Eurasia Northwest Healing Scriptures

If you need healing, don't wait, just ask Jesus to heal you right now. I believe His response will be, "Why, of course I can heal you. No problem. Be healed!"
Healing_Scriptures_Eurasia_Northwest.jpg

No comments: