Saturday, July 4, 2015

NOTHING SPIRITUAL ABOUT CROISSANTS



How much money have I spent in this coffee shop during the last 10-months? My favorite coffee hangout, Index Cafe, which is at the entrance of Old Town, Riga, should thank me. How many cups of their coffee have I consumed, down to the last tasty drop? How many hours have I sat behind their scratched up tables?


Those answers may be difficult to come by - no real records. However, the better question would be, how many lives have been affected as I visited with friends about eternal matters? In those hours of conversations about ministry, mission, and life, how many seeds were planted?


Some things in life have no accurate price tag. The time spent with a child playing catch in the backyard or coloring at the kitchen counter. The conversation that happens as you leisurely walk in the park with your next door neighbor. At times, the value of those conversations do not show up for months or years. Seeds take time. The bigger the tree the deeper the roots.


So, here I am again at Index Cafe at my window seat that looks out over the busy street, ready to drink another cup of coffee for the Lord. Tea for the soul. Croissant for the... wait, the croissant is for me, nothing spiritual about croissants. Soon my coffee guest will arrive and we will begin our discussion about life's journey and God's desire to walk with us, guiding our steps along the way. I love taking time for coffee as long as it has purpose and nothing is more important than investing in someone's life.

Today, try to take time to speak into someone's life. To give a cup of cold water in Christ's name, or cappuccino as the case may be. There can be eternal value for those moments. Oh, and don't forget the croissant! 

Please stop by our webpage [www.99andone.com]for up todate information on our ministry and how to help us in prayer and finances. Also, let us know how we can pray for you. We walk and serve together in Christ.