Saturday, March 10, 2012

One year later: It's a new day!

It was about one year ago when I suffered three heart attacks in six days. Not knowing if I would ever see my kids/grandkids again and with only 10% of my heart functioning, I went into a Moscow hospital for heart surgery. One year later, here I am with a clean bill of health on a busy journey to preach and teach God's word. Truly amazing!

In the next four weeks, Jill and I will travel thousands of miles between three Russian regions, teach over 140 class hours and preach more than 6 times. Even after we fly home the first week of April, we will only be there 10 days before taking off again to teach national pastors in Belize. And to think, one year ago I did not know if I would survive that long, difficult night. God has been good to me.

Today, I will preach at the church I preached for during my heart attacks. This should be a wonderful and fun reunion. It is a new day and I want to use it for God. To all my pastor friends, may God give you a powerful message this Sunday to build the church. We never know how many of them we have left! Enjoy the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our God is good
and forever faithful
=))

Anonymous said...

Yours is a great testimony. ICA Moscow cherishes your ministry together with Jill. Sad that your journey here was cut shot