Sunday, March 3, 2013

Defeat?


Two years ago, exactly! That is when I left Russia in defeat. Everything had been going great and then it happened.

Serving as the pastor of a large International church in Moscow, Russia was one of the best ministry experiences I have enjoyed in the 20+ years in overseas missions. It was wonderful and fulfilling. During that time, Jill and I traveled across Russia teaching in ministry centers.

Then it happened.  Never did I expect this. I was active. Once a year my older brother and I rode our bicycles on long 7 to 10 day trips to raise both awareness and funds for various projects around the world.  One of those treks was over 800 miles across Alaska!  I worked out most days but yet it still happened.  They said I could thank my parents and I almost did.

March 2011: Heart attack!

That was then, this is now.  What a difference two years makes.  As many of you know, I had three stints placed in my heart.  Two in Moscow and the third in Helsinki, Finland. Everything went perfect, and due to much prayer, I am better than ever.

Today, Jill and I are back in Moscow ministering and training pastors.  Last week we were halfway across Russia in Siberia teaching a 32 hour class to 41 pastors on what it means to be a true and effective witness for this generation.  I could not be more thankful for the grace of God in allowing me this blessing.

The next two months in Russia and Latvija our schedule is full with travel, ministry and renewing friendships.  Everyplace we go, pastors greet us with hugs and stories of classes we taught that they attended.  It is at this two year junction I fully appreciate life and our ministry in this part of the world.

Many of you have been part of this amazing journey and we say, "Thank you" for that partnership. Heaven will surely have some amazing stories.  You will be part of them.

This summer, Jill and I will be on furlough, visiting churches and friends that allow this journey to happen.  We would love to visit you or your church during this time.  Feel free to call (417-414-7181) or email (terence65@gmail.com) to schedule a time to get together.  Email is the best way to contact me.  We would love to give a wonderful report of the miracles of God we have seen happen in others and in my own life.

May God give you a blessed week!





No comments: