Friday, July 5, 2013

460 miles, sore but complete!

Boy, does it feel good to be home and able to sleep in a soft bed. Although I grew up using tents, I do not like sleeping on the ground and in the rain. There is something about a nice warm bed in your own home that is difficult to beat.

After ten days on the road, I was ready for this trip to end. It was beautiful watching the deer, rams and one wolf who ran along with me for a block or two - only 25 feet between us. Jill asked if I was afraid. "Never thought about it at that moment as I peddled up a 3 mile 6% grade hill in 103 degree temps".  We saw such amazing sites. It is impossible to describe the vast expanse of the country we rode through. Still, I must say, it is great to be home.

This brings me to my spiritual application: as good or bad our journey appears, it is only for a short time. During life there a many great experiences like birth of children, weddings or the purchase of a new 5 burner, stainless steel Web-Master bar-b-que grill (just dreaming a little). Each of these and all the other "mountain top" experiences are priceless. Then the deep, dark valley comes unexpectedly and derails those happy feelings that the mountain provided. We find ourselves in despair or even with a little depression. That is when we need to remember one valuable fact: earth is not my home, it is a ride-a-bike, sleep-on-the-ground-in-the-rain, 6% up-hill ride with occasional flat tires that we call life.

There is a day when we will exchange our earthly humanness and take on a heavenly body...and boy am I ready. Although I love life, I look forward to my new home and body. A body that does not hurt from sitting on a bike for ten days!

Remember: good days or bad, this is not your home. A much nicer place is being built for you...with no mortgage, it has been paid off just for you to enjoy!

Happy Trails

NOTE: If you offered to support me during this "Bicycle Run for Missions", you can send your pledged amount securely with a credit card through our website, 99andone.com, and follow the instructions or send a check made out to: Terence T. Hall, 1245 East Stetson Avenue, Post Falls, Idaho 83854. Either method works well. All gifts are 100% tax deductible through the Assemblies of God.

Please message me the amount so we can get a full tally. Thanks so much for your support. I thought  of it all along my journey. May God bless you as you have blessed our work in missions.



1 comment:

http://peacefulones.blogspot.com said...

Pretty amazing! Glad to read about your journey - physical and otherwise!
www.peacefulones.blogspot.com