Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Exciting Journey



Not all journeys in life are thrilling.  Sometimes it seems the miles never end.

When I was a child, my family would go on vacation to some location that seemed to require driving 1000's of miles across the nation with six of us in a fully packed four-door sedan.  As the youngest, I was always stuck in the middle with the least amount of space.  My pillow was a shoulder of one of my siblings and rode the hump that went through the middle of the floor, fighting for foot space the entire way.

To many, that is the journey of life.  Miles and miles of travel stuck in the middle of society fighting for floor space.  Is this the journey we are called to?  Is this why we were created?  

The Bible gives us some insight into this area when it states, "The steps of a man are established by the LORD, when he delights in his way (Psalms 37:23, ESV)." For the Christian who follows God's plan, the journey through life is challenging, every-changing and exciting.  Not only is it good for us to keep God's road map handy, we get to invite others to join us in our gospel wagon.  The more the merrier!

August 6, Jill and I began our fifth 4-year term in missions.  Our journey has been anything but dull.  Sometimes strange, but never dull.  This route has taken us through dozens of countries to teach or preach 1000's of times.  Over 100 of those we taught have planted new churches, started re-hab centers, began children's ministries and, in their own way, followed the journey God called them to walk.  Altogether, only God knows the number of people invited into their "gospel wagons" who are now following Jesus.  It has been special.

So, here we are, starting this fifth term in the country we began in in 1993, Latvia.  Where will this journey take us?  What roads will we follow? Who will join us in our vehicle?  I do not have those answers yet but I know our steps will be established by the LORD.  That is all I need to know.  Follow God and He will direct our path.  We begin each day with personal devotion time with God: read His Word, pray,  listen then expect. This is the only way to keep on the right road.  With so many choices out there, we need to listen closely to our navigator and that requires daily and even constant communication.

If you are struggling with your journey, pull over for a moment, quiet your heart as the world rushes by and pray: "God I need your guidance not only for me but those who you want to direct me to along the way. I listen for your voice. Guide me through your Word and help me help others."

May God bless you as you go.  If you want to contact us to pray with you, please email me at terence65@gmail.com .  We are honored to pray with you and walk alongside you in your journey of faith.  May God bless you!
Pictures, Top to Bottom
1) Flying out of Spokane Airport, August 6, 2014
2) Mount Rushmore, Summer, 2014
3) With good friend, Linsey from our 2013 Russia/North Point Team
4) Terence preaching for a crusade in Russia
5) Old Town Riga, Latvija
6) Jill and I close to our Riga apartment enjoying a cup of coffee

1 comment:

blogspot said...

Yay Terence! Great thought and blog. Thanks for sharing the journey insight.